Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Did I mention I have a marathon this weekend?

Goofy Challenge 2010                                                
Did I mention that I have a little 26.2mile run coming up this weekend? Well I do. I am admittedly not as prepared for this marathon as I would normally be but I did manage to get at least one 20 mile run in my training -> even on the Boston marathon course :)

A few years back the husband and I did the Goofy challenge (photo above). The Goofy challenge is a half marathon on Saturday followed by a FULL (yes a FULL) marathon the day after. I can honestly say that was one of the hardest things I have ever done. We got lucky in that the temperatures were unseasonably cold in Florida that year.  In fact it was so cold that the water stops along the marathon course were frozen and icy!

Walt Disney Wold half marathon 2011
So why am I doing the marathon when I don't feel fully prepared? It is because Disney puts on a great race plus it is the 20th anniversary of the Walt Disney World marathon. To me not every race is for "racing." It is my plan to do the race as a very long "supported" long run. I plan to have as much fun as possible and to definitely stop and take pictures with the characters.
Have a Magical Day!

3 comments:

  1. Say Hi to Mickey for me! Have fun and take lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun and I hope you have great weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great plan! Keep up the good training!

    ReplyDelete