Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Dedicated mile: Mile 1

Kyra, Cyrus, Circe & Belle

Only 5 more days until Marathon monday...eek! FIVE more days. Training up to taper has been good but I had a minor tweak with some calf issues causing forced rest or rather no running until marathon weekend. Things are feeling good, however, and I am feeling good about April 15th.

When I first asked for donations for my Boston marathon charity bib to benefit the Animal Rescue League of Boston I stated that the first 25 people to donate $50 or more could dedicate a mile to a loved one.

And mile one is dedicated to.....(drumroll please)....

Cyrus (human), Circe, Kyra, Belle, Frisky & Chipper


Frisky & Chipper

I have known the Rapoza family for the last 4 years as they are frequent social visitors to the clinic on their afternoon walkies.



I have a special fondness for Belle who looks a lot like our chihueagle Toffee. Belle has had a history of being on the run - she is an amazing runner! It is for this reason that I will definitely keep her in my mind along my 26.2 mile trek from Hopkinton to Boston!

Belle is also a very good sleeper...

Five more days...

No comments:

Post a Comment