Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Hopkinton to Heartbreak 2013

On Saturday, March 23rd I ran my third and final 20 miler in preparation for the Boston Marathon. Next to marathon day itself this is one of my favorite days because it is like a "mini" or "local" Boston marathon rehearsal. It seems like all of the locals who are training for the "big day" are lining the streets from Hopkinton to Heartbreak hill getting in their final long run.

Besides having cheering and water every few miles and the amazing camaraderie of fellow runners, running from Hopkinton to Heartbreak hill is a great way to prep your legs for the downhill of the first 14 miles followed by the uphill of the next six.

This year I did not bring my camera to document the last 20 miler but here is a video from the same run that I did back in 2010. All in all it was a great day and I have a very good run. Very good in my books = minimal gastrointestinal distress and good energy/little soreness throughout the run.

Enjoy!



...also please stay tuned for posts of my marathon "dedicated miles"....

1 comment: