Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gobbledygook


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
We started our day with our annual Thanksgiving tradition - the Gobble, Gobble, Gobble road race hosted by the Somerville Road Runners. This is a fantastic race that starts & finishes in Davis square (and is so popular it sells out weeks in advance).  I always laugh when I think this is the only day of the year that I have a beer BEFORE my morning coffee. Can't mess with tradition.

This is me - obviously ready to run...or in dire need of coffee.

To be honest, when I woke up this morning I really didn't want to race. The bed was so warm & comfy plus I had a warm puppy at my feet. I admit that I've had problems with motivation as of late - but I find that if I don't think about the big picture and take baby steps (like putting on running clothes, drinking water etc.) before I know it I'm at the start line.

Admittedly this was not very good run for me but it was a beautiful day and I got to see a lot of familiar faces out there.  Oh and did I mention there was beer at the end??

Check out these turkeys:


On this day I am super thankful to be able to run. I am thankful for my wonderful family especially my awesome husband who is an amazing athletic supporter (heh heh) and I am thankful to have my health and to be surrounded by incredible friends.

And of course I'm thankful for my little turkeys:

What are you thankful for?

2 comments: